Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's A Plane! It's A Bird! It's...

The other morning while we were taking a little stroll, Dash and I had our first real argument, spat, disagreement if you will. Does this really count as a "first"?

Here's what happened, as we were walking along, Dash spied something in the grass and...

Dash pointing and flapping (his sign for bird): Dare, dare!

Me: Hmm... bird over there? I'm not sure.

Dash pointing and flapping: Dare, dare!

Me: I don't think so Dashy...

Dash pointing... : Up!

Me: I think it...

Dash pointing... : Down!

Me: You think the bird fell down?

Dash: Uuuuuup! Doooown!

Me: I don't think it's a bird.

Dash: Dare! Dare!

Me: I think it's a garbage bag.

Dash flapping: Uuuuup! Dooown!!

Me: No, it's definitely a garbage bag.

Dash flapping and pointing impatiently: DARE!!

Me: Take a closer look. It's a piece of a garbage bag.

Dash takes a step toward the object in question.

Dash: Woooow!

Me: You see, garbage bag.

Dash: Yeaaaah. (and signs for garbage truck.) Boom. (that's the dumpster being dumped.)

Dash (signs garbage truck again): Up. Boom.

Me: I understand why you thought it was a bird though.

Dash (smiling ear to ear): Yeaaaah. Boom.

Take a look for yourself....














...you can see where the kid was coming from, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a good story! I'm glad Dashell stuck to his convictions so long and wasn't easily swayed by authority. His gracious acceptance of correction...Wow! An example for the rest of us!
Love,
GMA