Monday, July 13, 2009

There He Goes... My Perfectly Scheduled Baby!

I have often thought that Dashell was born with internal clock that is perfectly aligned with the Universal Average Baby Scheduler. Either that or he definitely his mother's child. (My whole career revolves around schedules and making sure that my productions hit the dates they are supposed to hit.)

If there is an average date to hit a milestone, my boy is there. Look out!

I think Dashell's check list reads something this...

Event.......................Scheduler Says.........Status
1. Birth.....................40 Weeks.....................done (to. the. day!)
2. 1st Tooth..............6 Months......................done
3. Crawling...............8 Months......................done
4. Walking................13.5 Months.................done

Yep. We're walking...



















Exactly on time. 13.5 Months. What a surprise.

I can't wait to see if he'll also get married at 27 1/2 years old and have 2.5 kids and a dog!

Here he is in action...


Dave's been working crazy hours for the last month and a half so unfortunately he's not been around much on the weekends. Dashy and I are typically left to our own devices. Not all bad.

This weekend Dave took swim class with Dash and afterwards (since it was way too hot here to do anything outside) Dashy and I went to the aquarium together.

When we got there I parked our stroller, put him down and while I was getting his smoothie out of the backpack, I heard a quiet, awe inspired, "Wow..." I turned just in time to see Dash toddling, like a drunk after last call, across the aquarium floor toward the giant fish tank! People were turning to look and step out of his way. As he got closer to the tank, the crowd was too tightly knit for him to continue to walk forward so he got down on all fours and scampered toward the tank for a front row seat. He was mesmerized. Needless to say we had a great time!

















2 comments:

nickoletta100 said...

Oh he is all grown up!!! Thanks for posting the video, we miss seeing all these milestones in person!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness, he is adorable...the walking, toddling Dreamboat Dashell!! Thanks for posting the videos. Can't wait to see him in person (and you & David, too, of course)...

Love from GMA